E Scooter Safety
Congratulations on the purchase of your Electric Scooter, we really hope that it provides you with lots of fond memories. It is important to remember that these adult scooters are modes of transport. They are not toys and due to the power, weight, and speed of these devices you will need to ensure that you ride them safely, responsibly and adhere to local laws.
GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS
- Always wear a helmet and protective safety equipment.
- Wear closed shoes without heels and ensure your laces are tied.
- Do not ride with more than one rider or exceed the weight limit of the Scooter
- Only use your scooter in line with its intended purpose.
- Check your scooter for any loose parts or screws, flat tyres, signs of damage or excessive wear before every ride.
- Start riding slowly to familiarize yourself with the behaviour of your scooter. Start in first gear and slowly try out the brakes. Always slow down when riding over bumps or on rough road conditions.
- Always keep both hands on the handlebars, do not use a phone while operating the Scooter.
- Keep the scooter away from children. It is not a toy. 16+ riders only.
- When riding DO NOT pull or push on the steering column. When accelerating or braking don’t pull or push on the steering column. Use your feet to shift your centre of mass. The steering column isn’t designed to take a heavy weight, if you are leaning on it, pulling and pushing it you will have problems with it in the future.
- Please do not ride your e scooter in the rain or wet conditions as this could damage the battery and it will not be covered by the warranty if its water damaged.
- Do not lend your scooter to anybody unfamiliar with its operation. Ensure any new riders are familiar with these instructions and are wearing proper safety gear.
- The faster you ride your scooter, the longer it will take you to stop.
- Do not use your scooter in any way that could harm others. Slow down when you are passing them to avoid accidents.
Electric scooters are currently not to be used on UK public roads, cycle lanes or footpaths. It is the customers complete responsibility to ensure that their E Scooter is used in accordance with all local and country laws. The customer when purchasing through Kudos Gear Limited accepts and assumes all risk and liability associated with the use of an E Scooter and/or any other products purchased from Kudos Gear Limited. The customer accepts full responsibility and waivers their rights to hold Kudos Gear Limited or its owners from any liability caused in association, directly or indirectly with their use.